Board of Advisors
Matthew Budoff, M.D.
Dr. Budoff is the chief worldwide instructor for physicians for the interpretation of EBT scans.
He is also the founding member and treasurer of United States Society of Arteriosclerosis Imaging
and Chairman of EBT users Committee. In 1990, Dr. Budoff graduated from George Washington University
School of Medicine with honors and completed his training in internal medicine and cardiology at
Harbor-UCLA School of Medicine. Dr. Budoff has lectured all over the world regarding preventive
imaging and cardiology. He is a board certified cardiologist and has published over forty papers
in prestigious medical journals on Electron Beam Tomography.
His honors and awards include:
His latest published book:
John A. Rumberger, Ph.D., M.D.
- Chairman, The American Heart Association Scientific Statement on EBT and Multi-slice CT Scanner
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Chairman of EBT Users Committee
Dr. Rumberger is recognized as the world's leading authority on cardiac and
vascular imaging using EBT and Cardiac CT. He is a former full Professor of
Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases within the Mayo School of Graduate Medical
Education and the Mayo Clinic. During his over 20 year career as a clinician,
educator, and researcher, Dr. Rumberger has published nearly 500 scientific
papers and book chapters. He has lectured worldwide on EBT and Cardiac CT,
early disease diagnosis, and wellness. Dr. Rumberger received his doctorate
in engineering from The Ohio State University in 1976 and graduated from the
University of Miami School of Medicine in 1978. He completed his internship
and residency in internal medicine at The Ohio State University Hospitals,
and completed a cardiovascular diseases fellowship and early faculty development
at the University of Iowa. Dr. Rumberger is now the Medical Director of the
HealthWise Center in Dublin, Ohio.
His honors and awards include:
His latest published book:
- Diplomat of the American Boards of Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Founding Member of the International Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging
- Established Investigator of the American Heart Association
Dr. Robert A. Pelberg
- "The Way", which details dietary, exercise, stress management, and healthy recipies as a lifestyle proven to prevent heart disease at any age; details at www.thewaydiet.com
Dr. Pelberg graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, where he graduated as a Benjamin Franklin Scholar. He then earned his MD degree from Northwestern University Medical School where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society. He completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. His fellowship in cardiovascular diseases was completed at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center in Charlottesville, Virginia. At Virginia, Dr. Pelberg extensively trained in general consultative cardiology, cardiac catheterization, echocardiography, and nuclear cardiology, while publishing multiple cardiovascular research articles and book chapters. Before coming to Ohio, Dr. Pelberg was in practice in West Palm Beach, Florida. Dr.
Pelberg is Board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, Nuclear Cardiology and Echocardiography. Dr. Pelberg is also level III certified in cardiac computed tomographic angiography.
Dr. Pelberg is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, the American Society of Echocardiography and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology as well as an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Cincinnati. He has authored the book the Cardiac CT Angiography Manual.
Our objective is to provide general information on preventive imaging and providing
the public with a list of Scanning Centers which use Electron Beam Tomography (EBT)
and CT technology.
The medical information provided by www.scandirectory.com
is merely for educational
purposes and its accuracy is not guaranteed. Do not use this site as a substitute
for medical care. Please consult your physician or other medical care provider
regarding any medical questions you may have.
This site is not sponsored or maintained by physicians or licensed medical care
providers and may not be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. Do not use this
site to disregard any medical advice, nor to delay seeking medical advice because
of something you read or see in this site.
maintains a Board of Advisors. Among the Board are notable physicians
in the field of preventive imaging. They are not responsible for the information on this
website, or the list of physicians provided on Scandirectory.com. We would like to credit
these physicians for their considerable work in the field, and for their help with the
network, conceptually and otherwise.
Other online directory and resource websites:
- If you are interested in locating a physician specializing in varicose and spider veins, please visit The Vein Directory.
- If you are interested in locating a physician specializing in infertility please visit The Fertility Directory.
- If you are interested in locating a physician specializing in Facial Rejuvenation and Photofacial, please visit The Dermatology Network.
- If you are interested in locating a Tattoo Removal Specialist, please visit TattooHealth.org.
- If you are interested in locating a chiropractor in your area, please visit The Chiropractor Directory.
- If you are interested in locating a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon, please visit The Online Surgery Directory.